4 Ways in Making Your Own Sliding Barn Doors
DIY sliding barn doors can be created yourself when you think purchasing them might cost you more and you have limited budget for it. The door itself can be placed nicely inside the house to connect between two rooms. Usually homeowners choose to connect the hallway or living room with the kitchen room. It would be even better when the décor design of the room is done in vintage, rustic or antique theme. When you are going to make your own door, there are a few steps that you have to take in order to create a perfect door for the inside of your house.
Here are some of the steps that might be able to help you in order to create sliding barn doors yourself.
- Pick a style that you want for your door. Yes, it is going to be a sliding type of door but there are a lot of patterns and designs that you could choose from.
- Choose a wooden material that you think is suitable with the décor design theme of the room yet still fit your budget nicely too.
- Purchase the wooden material at the wood shop along with all the parts such as roller, deck screw, bolts, filler strips, wooden glue and others.
- Get a design plan online for the materials that you have already purchased. It will show you exact location of where you could place the boards and parts to be assembled for your door.
- Hang the door and try it out to see if it works perfectly. If it still doesn’t roll properly, you can adjust the door until you see fit.
With some of the steps above, you should prepare at least 2 days in creating your sliding barn doors during a free weekend. Make sure that you have some help in building it too. Maybe close friends or other family members could help you with the process.